Tuesday, October 12, 2010

oe•no•phile Two Years In and "Retiring"

Hi all,

So today is the two year anniversary of oe•no•phile. I can't believe it's been two years already since I decided to sit down and really focus some energy on writing about wine. However, in the recent months I have been shamefully neglectful of my writing here given work and a number of other activities that have taken up a lot of time and left little time to write.

It occurred to me that I really have wanted to give my writing a more driven focus, and with that I'm pleased to announce the creation of Northwest Whites, a new website dedicated solely to exploring the white wines of the Pacific Northwest. Making my home now in the Willamette Valley, I realize that I came here for a reason—my passion for wine. My passion for the wines of this region, especially the under-recognized white wines, has developed quickly (and I've hardly scratched the surface in 11 months). 

You've read all about Oregon's world-class Pinot Noir and Washington Syrah or Cabernet Sauvignon ... but what about Chardonnay? Riesling? Sauvignon Blanc? Pinot Gris? Gewürztraminer? Explore those and more white varieties from Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and British Columbia.


So thank you for reading (sporadically even) here at oe•no•phile. I really appreciate your support, and hope you'll make your way over to Northwest Whites (launching on October 22, 2010) to continue following my wine journey here in the Pacific NW. 

Additionally, you can also check out my personal site, RyanReichert.com, for general wine education information and wine consulting. And for all my wine reviews, visit my profile on Adegga.

Cheers!